[TUT] Dealing with NAND/ EMUNAND safely

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by thaikhoa, Dec 5, 2018 at 6:40 AM.

1. thaikhoa
    OP

thaikhoa GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
    This tutorial will give you useful information on how to deal with NAND/ EMUNAND safely. 99% be safe to follow this tutorial but bear in mind that there is always at least a risk to brick your Switch.
    > Make a backup/ copy of NAND and/or EMUNAND before doing anything.

YOU'RE AT YOUR OWN RISK
    I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES

First thing first, SX's emunand is extremely safe to be bricked by purpose. It creates a full nand backup of the Switch including boot0/1 and all partitions. If you have a working emunand, there is probably no need to backup sysnand as it will be the same. In the event of accidentally bricking sysnand/ emunand, importing all partitions from emunand to sysnand will definitely work and vise versa.

SX 2.3 supports separated Nintendo folder as Emutendo for emunand. Linked the two nands on the same possible firmware is recommended.

• PRODINFO and PRODINFOF are identical compare to the ones of your Switch on every firmware versions.
    • All BCPKG2 partitions are the same from other devices on the same firmware versions.
    • Game savedata is stored in USER partition under /save/*.*
    In this topic, we will focus on SYSTEM partition.

GET BISKEY
    PRESS

HACDISKMOUNT SYSNAND
    PRESS

HACDISKMOUNT EMUNAND
    PRESS

THINGS CAN DEAL WITH
    Mount SYSTEM using HacDiskMount
    PRESS

MANUALLY BACKUP SAVEGAME DATA FROM USER
    Mount USER using HacDiskMount
    PRESS

This tutorial is for you guys to take a note in case you will need to deal with in the future. I will keep updating this topic when I knew something else.

Enjoy while it lasts.

Attached Files:

Last edited by thaikhoa, Dec 5, 2018 at 5:00 PM
    apfelsaft45 and bluke like this.