SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Not sure if the Switch will let you download updates on 6.1 but to remove system updates from the console, you have to enter Maintenance Mode which you do by holding volume + and - when turning the console on. You don't have to do anything else in Maintenance Mode to clear out the update; entering this mode automatically clears it.
    Maybe, maybe not.
    You should update it with ChoiDujourNX (ChoiDujour takes much longer to use) then create the EmuNAND partition so both SysNAND and EmuNAND will have exFAT support.
    Boot0/Boot1 are needed to complete the NAND dump.

zer01717 likes this.
  2. zer01717

zer01717 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2006
    Canada
    So if i was to backup my boot 1/0 with my system post CFW would that constitute a ban?

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Eh, not really. Only thing that affects boot0/boot1 is AutoRCM so if you don't install that, boot0/boot1 will remain the same with or without CFW/homebrew.

zer01717 likes this.
  4. zer01717

zer01717 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2006
    Canada
    Awesome. is there anything else I need? Also, what happens to my saves from pre-cfw? Are saves stored in the nand as well?

Thank you again. You da man!

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Saves are indeed stored in the NAND so you will need to back those up before restoring your NAND. You can either do that with another NAND backup or you can use a homebrew save manager such as Checkpoint or EdiZon.

6. aevans0001

aevans0001 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2011
    United States
    Is there new sig patches for .08.1? Or do I copy over the old ones? Where is a list of kip files? and I update atmosphere simply by changing out the atmosphere folder on sd with new files.

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Patches are firmware-specific not build-specific. Don't know of any list of kip files but Kosmos comes with all of the kips, both normal and custom. And yes, you just replace the Atmosphere folder.

8. aevans0001

aevans0001 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2011
    United States
    actually for net-play they do have special kips. Although apparently you have to rename them. They may just be updated ones.

Last edited by aevans0001, Dec 6, 2018 at 5:31 AM
  9. aevans0001

aevans0001 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2011
    United States
    Ok so now I am trying to update to .08.1 and everytime I do, i have to load through fusee and when it boots I get corrupted save files. I then reload my old version and it works.

10. Splitframe

Splitframe Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2018
    Germany
    Hi, quick Question. I seem to have misplaced the Boot0 and Boot1 files. Which is odd since Hekate said it was all successful and I copied it into the same folder as the full eMMC Raw dump.

Anyway, I presume I can just download the retail 6.2 firmware and pump my BIS Keys with HacDiskMount into it like I did with the downgrade before, right?

Edit: I already did a restore of the raw eMMC. Could I just update the firmware from a cartridge or quick online to make this easier?
    edit2: ChoiDujour doesn't seem to work with 6.2 anyone else got an idea?
    edit3: Kek, nevermind. I forgot I put the BOOT0/1 backups in my dropbox and then switched to my NAS when I realized the rawnand was 30GB.
    edit4: I restored the BOOT0/1 and rawnand with Hetake, the Switch doesn't boot up, but just goes into RCM mode from itself ( I never enabled/installed AutoRCM ). Can someone lend me a hand?
    edit5: Huh, now it works. Weird. My Switch was just shy it seems.

Greetings.

Last edited by Splitframe, Dec 6, 2018 at 7:36 AM
  11. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    Bit of a silly question today, sorry if it's been asked already.

If I update my joycons' firmware on 6.1.0, would I still be able to use them on a lower restored system firmware (E.g. 2.X.0)?

12. Emenaria

Emenaria GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    Japan
    -snip-

Last edited by Emenaria, Dec 6, 2018 at 4:11 PM
  13. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Yeah the Joy-Cons work on all firmwares which is surprising. Nintendo could've easily added a Joy-Con firmware update that renders them useless on older firmwares since we can't downgrade Joy-Con firmware.

8BitWonder likes this.
  14. DVDVDcz

DVDVDcz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2009
    I do not want to do anything on SysNAND and that SD card is only for EmuNAND and games. I will just leave the card as FAT32 and split XCI files (avoiding corruption), if it is not possible to just copy the EmuNAND to PC format the card to exFAT and then put the EmuNAND back on it.

15. emirof

emirof GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2005
    Hi,

I plan to play smash online and am now on fw 5.0. Is it considered safe to update without blowing the fuses and then going online or should I just devout this switch to being an online non-hacked switch?

Cheers!

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Since I think it is still impossible to update to 6.X offline on account of there being no cartridges with that firmware, what you should do is have the console download the latest system update (which is currently 6.2) but don't install it. Then update to that firmware offline without burning fuses. While I can't say its 100% safe, this is certainly the safest way of being on the latest firmware without burning fuses. It might even be safer to use ChoiDujour over ChoiDujourNX as ChoiDujour uses RCM as opposed to CFW with ChoiDujourNX (because RCM is less detectable than CFW).

17. pandavova

pandavova @pandavova FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Oct 27, 2015
    Germany
    Windows 10 Pro
    Hey, my battery went to 0% again (still booted to hekate lol), is there a way to turn off the switch without booting to hekate again? (Running 6.1 with Atmosphere)

18. frankadank

frankadank Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    Is it true that RCM mode drains battery more so than stock firmware on sleep mode and what can I do to prevent it from draining any further?

19. -Hero-

-Hero- Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2012
    United States
    So just to be safe, I'm on OFW 6.1 with latest Atmosphere CFW + Hekate. If I want to update to 6.2, I need to restore the clean NAND backup of 6.1, and update from OFW, right? Or should I use ChoiDujourNX instead of updating from OFW without getting banned from online? I do plan to play Smash online with a legit copy.

My microSD is fat32 if that helps. I was also told to use dreport (which is deprecated) to delete any error logs, delete the Smash NSP, and update the switch and the game itself with the cartridge. So I'm not sure which of these methods is the best to use to avoid getting banned from playing online.

20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I don't know if this is true or not but RCM drains 5% per hour. Don't know how much battery stock firmware drains in sleep mode but regardless, you shouldn't be leaving the console in RCM in the first place. There's absolutely no reason for it to be in RCM for extended periods of time.
    If you don't care about fuses or downgrading, you should restore the clean NAND then update in OFW. If you do care about fuses and downgrading, then you can update with preferably ChoiDujour as it utilizes RCM unlike its cousin ChoiDujourNX which relies on CFW.

And if you want to be safe, you would not use dreport as the whole reason its been depreciated in the first place is because it has been known to induce bans.