Remove Update nag on 6.1.0

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by Shadow_The_Hedgehog82, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Shadow_The_Hedgehog82
    OP

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2018
    Australia
    Not sure if this is exactly safe but I did it and it seems to be working fine, the nag may come back if you go off of airplane mode though. I'm using 90dns and haven't had it come back so far so it should be fine.

You will need your biskeys to do this if you dont have them(you already should) look for another tutorial to see how.

Grab hacdiskmount and memloader from rajcuckos website http://switchtools.sshnuke.net/.

Open the memloader archive and copy the contents of the samples folder to the root of your sd card, now boot memloader.bin when the payload launches sel;ect ums_emmc from the menu.

Plug your switch into you pc if you see the "you need to format disk" popup just ignore it, now open hacdiskmount as administrator and then click file open psyhical drive then select linux ums disk

Once mounted in hacdisk mount click on your system partition then enter your biskeys for it and click mount

Now goto the mounted partition in your file manager and navigate to the save folder. Rename 000000000000000f to 000000000000000f.bak.

You should now be able to reboot and your supernag should be gone

Hmed and crossholo like this.
  2. CrisFTW

CrisFTW Your Excellency

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Easy solution: let the Switch reach 10% or less for battery. Click to update, it will fall. Turn off wifi or enable a way to disable Nintendo Network. Done. No more update nagging you

Edit: make sure you dont have the charger connected

Last edited by CrisFTW, Nov 23, 2018
    Hmed likes this.
  3. switshgam0r

switshgam0r Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    Germany
    Can someone verify this way?

4. SkillingCat

SkillingCat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2016
    France
    Easiest solution : Enable airplane mode, then shutdown and boot in recovery mode (Vol + and - plus Power button), then shutdown again and power your console back on, and the nag will be gone as long as you don't connect to internet :) Works 100%

lordelan and pOOB73 like this.
  5. darkalex004

darkalex004 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2015
    How can I do that on a Switch on 6.1.0 with autorcm? (I don´t want to burn fuses) :unsure:
    Thanks in advance

6. KylieJenner

KylieJenner Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2018
    Australia
    How do games know when an update is available for themselves if you’ve stayed offline the entire release cycle of that game? It always confused me as to how something can know an updated available if it’s never been online since that update was released.

7. SkiNty

SkiNty Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2018
    South Africa
    I've also always wondered this, really annoying!

8. switshgam0r

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    Germany
    its in the firmware

9. darky2003

darky2003 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    Belgium
    Fast and easy bij method!

Just power off the console, enter recovery mode by pressing and holding power+volume up+volume down key. Then leave recovery mode by pressing the power button.

No more updating messages!

10. Phantasia

Phantasia Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2009
    I followed the steps above, power off, go to recovery mode, leaving the recovery mode by pressing the power button.
    Back to cfw when opening an installed nsp, it still asks for update.

Am I missing something here?

11. tofu_HK

tofu_HK Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2018
    Hong Kong
    Not work when AutoRCM mode on.

12. CrisFTW

CrisFTW Your Excellency

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Follow my steps. No. It does not update. You can't update your Switch on low battery

13. BIGdoubleD

BIGdoubleD Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2018
    Australia
    I don't want to upgrade my system to 6.1 or latest, i wanna free games then i think using system 5 is absolutely enough for all my requirements.

14. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    This didn't work. Will try again.

15. Borsalino

Borsalino GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2016
    Canada
    How do I do this if I'm always on AutoRCM? I updated using ChoiDujourNX.

16. eMikey

eMikey Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2018
    United States
    Connecticut.
    Is it even possible to remove the nag for games to update? Every game I launch says there is an update?

17. Borsalino

Borsalino GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2016
    Canada
    Yup I was able to remove the nag using this method. You don't have to worry about the nag anymore because 5 minutes ago, Atmosphere has released 0.8.0 that supports 6.2.0!

SkillingCat likes this.
  18. switshgam0r

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    Germany
    Can someone verify this way?

19. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    Well I tried with the recovery method again and it doesnt work.

20. CrisFTW

CrisFTW Your Excellency

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    My method will not update your Switch. Like I mentioned, the Switch will not update if it's on low battery. 10% or lower will trigger this. Updating will fail once you click yes to update. It will ask you to charge your device first before updating. Make sure the Switch isnt connected to the dock or to the charger. After the fail attempt, the Switch may crash. Upon rebooting, the update nag is gone