Question Backup legit games and update

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Cortexfou, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Cortexfou
    OP

Cortexfou GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    Hello,
    I have some legit (not nsp !) big size games and update on my SD (like bayonetta, RE revelation 2, Doom, wolfenstein ect) these games take a lot of space and I would like to store them on my PC to be able to put them on my SD later when I would want to play them (the re-download is not very practical ...).
    I navigated the files but impossible with all the folder's names and stuff.
    Is there a software or a method to navigate and to know which folder or file to copy ?
    Thanks

(Sorry if this is not the right place but maybe there is a software to help me?)

2. Cortexfou
    OP

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    Can somone help me please ? :(

3. Mat37

Mat37 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 3, 2016
    France
    Who really knows where ?
    There's a tool called SD to NSP Dumper which you can use (it's a PC tool so no need for hacking)

4. Cortexfou
    OP

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    I don't want to convert it to nsp. In fact, I want to know which folder is for whitch game (legit games and updates) and put them on my PC to make some free space on my SD. And when I want to play these games, simply put again the folders on my SD.
    Sorry if it was not clear

5. arianadark

arianadark GBAtemp Fan

Nov 20, 2016
    United States
    sorry your gonna have to copy the whole nintendo folder

6. Mat37

Mat37 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 3, 2016
    France
    Who really knows where ?
    To know which folder is which game : You can use hactool to decrypt the sd card files (NAX0) but it'll require you to dump you prodinfo to get your sd seed. Plus other steps. Or just compare the size of the files with games size
    Or just copy the whole nintendo folder but you'll move your screenshots,videos and some other data to your PC.

7. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Addict

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    What I wanted to know long time ago... how to dump updates into .nsp…. in a easy way so I can make use of a "legit" Switch to get updates....